Wednesday 22 February 2012

New Arts and Crafts, Macktintosh inspired, clocks

I'm pleased to announce 4 new table mounted clocks, inspired on ideas from Mackintosh and the Arts and Crafts movement.

They are all made from locally sourced Quarter Sawn Oak - the timber comes from the National Trust's Ashridge Estate (about 15 miles from my workshop) and has all been air dried by myself.  The detailing is English Walnut, from a tree that came down a few miles from my workshop and which has been air dried by myself.

All cases were entirely hand made by myself.  The photos show the battery operated versions, although mechanically operated ones can be made (modifications may need to be made to some dimensions).

All these clocks have hands which were hand made by myself, from solid clock maker's brass.

I will be continuing to develop this set of designs - I have some more complex designs under my hat, these will develop over time.

More details appear on my website, on http://www.hand-made-clock-cases.co.uk/clocks/arts_crafts_influenced_clocks/

If you have any questions or would like to buy of these, then do let me know.





No comments:

Post a Comment